Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today sort-of moved slowly along

Today sort-of moved slowly along. I woke up super early, around 8:30, but ended up falling back asleep until noon. I have had slight headache and backache most of the day.

I did a bit of organizing paperwork and getting the file cabinet in order. Still more to do but I did get started. I got the dishes washed and dinner done before Dodger got home around 6:30. I also went through my click-throughs, did a few surveys and entered a few bloggy giveaways. I hope to be able to win my holiday gifts this season and use my survey money for gifts. Goodness knows how else we could afford them.

I really hope I feel better tomorrow. If I felt better and could get rid of this back pain, I could get so much more done. First thing I want to set sewn up is a comforter coverlet for Dodger. He's been sleeping with Dancer's old Scooby Doo comforter for a few years now and it is starting to get holes in the corners and just needs covered to upcycle it and make it an adult comforter. I have had a bolt of lightweight black denim in my closet for years, and it's the perfect width, so I'm using that. I already have it ready to be sewn up but I need to get the folding table cleaned off and to drag out my sewing machines.

After I get that sewn up, I'm going to start working on my dad's curtains. He's needed curtains in his living room and kitchen for some time now. I have the fabric for them, so I'm going to make that his holiday gift this year.

I also salvaged an old record player shelving unit some time ago and want to rebuild it into some shelves for Dancer. She's in need of more storage in her room and the only place left to go is up.

I really really need this back pain to go away. I have so much I want to do. I can't deal with another boring day like today. I think I'll go mad if I have another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.