Friday, November 6, 2009

Aldi Master Price List

I have a very strict food budget.  This month my budget is $200.  Feeding 3 people on $200 is very doable and to stretch my food dollar farther I shop at Aldi.  The quality of their food is good, many of their items are comparable to name-brand.

Every month I do one main grocery shop.  I have a printable list with items that I've customized (I found mine on MS Works) and I go down the list and fill in what I need.  Here is an old example of my list from May 09.


I stop there once a week to restock on items like milk that we tend to go through pretty quickly.

My master list is an Aldi’s Price List that I found online, downloaded and printed. You can download the same list here.

After I shop, I update the prices on my master list using my receipt. Some of them are the same as what’s listed on this list and others are 10-20 cents more (or more) and some prices are actually less.

Maybe in the future I'll get into coupon clipping (although I don't have a good source of coupons) but I doubt it.  I'm not a fan of shopping and Aldi is one-stop shopping for me.  It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.