Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How We Define Ourselves


It is human nature to define ourselves by what we do or the rolls we play: mother, wife, daughter, friend, nurse, accountant, painter, etc...

But what if we started to define ourselves by the truth of our existence: miracle, light, beauty, love, sacred, etc...

Would this make a difference in how we interact with the world around us and within us?



How would I treat myself if I thought I was sacred?
How would I love myself if nothing was wrong?

I'd be in the moment, enjoying what's inside
And sing to the world a glorious song.

How would you treat yourself if you thought you were sacred?
How would you love yourself if nothing was wrong?

You'd be in the moment, enjoying what's inside
And sing to the world a glorious song

You are sacred
You are sacred
You are sacred
You are sacred

How would we treat ourselves if we knew we were sacred?
How would we love ourselves if nothing was wrong?

We'd be in the moment, enjoying what's inside
And sing to the world a glorious song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.