Sunday, September 27, 2009

Warm fall afternoon

It's an absolutely beautiful warm fall afternoon. There's a wonderful breeze, so I get to hear the beautiful sound of the leaves rustling and wind chimes dinging.

Yesterday, I went to a birthday party for a dear friend's daughter. I went by myself since Dancer already had plans with my mom and step-dad. They went to a sale out at the fairgrounds and then to a party that a work friend of my mom was throwing. They have a party every year around this time. It's kind of an end of summer party. Dodger didn't work again yesterday because of the rain. It drizzled early in the day. Thank goodness it didn't rain all day. His job needed some time to dry out.

I have been having some pain in my lower back over the past week. Yesterday ended up being the worst. I couldn't believe how much in pain I was. I got some recommendations from my friend's mom on how to alleviate it and she mentioned the book "Treat your own back," which I have. I also stopped by Walgreens on the way home to pick up some meds for it. The meds did help quite a bit last night.

I started reading the back book today while Dancer was at Nutcracker practice, I think it's going to be a big help. I already understand the need to be sure that I keep a small arch in my back. I took some meds before we headed out today but I'm still feeling pain, just not as bad as yesterday.

Dancer went over to my mom's after dance practice today. They are headed up to the fall festival to help my grandparents tear down their booth. My grandpa sells old tools and my grandma sells old costume jewelry there every year. They will probably go out to eat later.

Dodger got home from work a few hours ago. He brought home some nice steaks. He's grilling them and I heated up some baked potatoes and green beans. Mmmmm... it smells delicious.

Time to eat and enjoy watching some football with Dodger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.