Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another beautiful storm

I'm sitting out on my porch again this afternoon while all around me it's pouring rain. The smell and sound is so peaceful. I love the canopy of trees that's covering my front porch. Without them I wouldn't be able to sit out here and enjoy the rain. The thick muggy air has been replaced with a slight chill from the rain passing through.

I went to the grocery store earlier today. I was expecting it to be way busier than it was because of Labor Day tomorrow. We are good and stocked up again on milk, bread and fresh fruit and veggies. I spent just over $100, so that leaves me about that much left on my card to go again in a few weeks. Thank goodness that we have an Aldi store in our area (we have 2 and one of them is just down the road from me). I know that I can get what I need there and spend about half of what it would cost me at the regular grocery store. I know some people do great with using coupons but I don't get the paper and don't want to drive all over town to get the best deals. I have a one stop shopping experience with Aldi and that's more my style. I also love my local Walgreens for household items.

I enjoyed my lunch out on the porch and Dancer even joined me for a bit. She has a tough time just chilling outside. Either her mouth or her body has to be moving at all times. I was never like that. She's very much an extrovert, while I am very much an introvert. I recharge with alone time and she recharges around people. I do hope for her that she can be able to just be... with nature and spirit... this may be something that she will need to learn to do as it doesn't seem to come naturally to her.

I think I need to go to the fabric and craft store this week. I'm starting to feel the need to create again. I want to make myself some beautiful caftans, the black butterfly one I own needs to be retired to wearing only around the house. I also want to make a loom knitted baby blanket for a friend of mine who will be having a baby in less than a month. I know she's going to cloth diaper, so I want to look up some soaker patterns, too. I also want to look into what I need for ATCs. I have so many ideas. I wonder if I should write them down or just let them flow as they come to me? I worry that ideas will pass me by if I don't write them down.

I also want to get our homeschool outline finalized so that we can get started on doing all of the things that we want to do. I have to remember that lists and guides are ok, they don't have to stop the flow of living life naturally, they can be my memory of what we had planned and the direction we wanted to go. Most importantly, they can be changed as we change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.