Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Put In My Two Week Notice

I turned my two week notice at work last night. This wasn't something I was planning on doing but our new supervisor let us all know that her last day was going to be next Thursday. Her husband, who's been out of work for quite some time now, got a good job at a new truck stop but he has to work 3rd shift for a year before he can move to day shift. I knew down deep that I would be defaulted to taking care of things again and I wasn't about to go down that rabbit hole again. Not after the way things played out a few months ago when we lost our last supervisor. So I sent Dodger a text on my break telling him that I was putting in my 2 weeks and he replied, "Ok." I put a note on my manager's desk letting him know that my last day would be next Thursday. He never said anything to me about it but he did ask the supervisor if something happened and she said "no, she (me) just doesn't want to go through that mess again."

I'm thinking I might put my application in down at Walgreens to work 10 - 2, three or four nights a week. It's right down the road from me and I know the place well because I shop there all of the time and the employees that work there are always pleasant. I'm also thinking about what I could create to sell. I love sewing and crafting. I wonder what people are looking for in this economy. I suspect that people still want creative, individualized items but want them to be useful. People less frivolous these days and I totally respect that because I am too. Every dollar counts these days. I'm even picky and thrifty at the thrift store.

I spent most of my afternoon on the web again today. I had some things that I've been wanting to do on my blogs and felt today was the day to work on them. I really hope to make some of them profitable for me.

I called my nephew earlier this evening. He turned 6 today. He's just so cute. I wish my sister lived closer. I really think it would be easier to heal our relationship if she did. I still hold some resentment towards her over something that happened years ago. She was not at fault for what happened but I'll never understand her reaction to it.

Dancer has been sick this week with a cold. She's missed all of her activities so far and I suspect that she'll end up missing tomorrow's activities, too. I hope she's better by Friday afternoon. Tennis lessons cost way too much to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.