Saturday, September 19, 2009

Arts in Central Park

Dancer and I went to Arts in Central Park today with a few friends. Arts in the Park is an annual arts fair where artists and crafters bring their wares to sell. I didn't buy anything, if I had brought money I would have gotten something but c'est la vie. Dancer did buy a few things. My mom gave her $20 to spend today.

I am trying to ward off the worries today. The whole job thing is nagging at me again. I'm a little worried how me quiting is going to affect our state aid. We have medical coverage and some food assistance. Dodger said he's not worried about me finding another job quickly. I really want to focus on the house, homeschooling, and sewing. BUT I will go find another job if me quiting my current job is going to affect our aid.

I've never been without a job in my adult life. I've worked at only 3 jobs since I was 19. I've enjoyed what I did at each job. I left one of them for lifestyle reasons, the other 2 (current one included) because of management.

I suppose I could use this time to go back to school. I could take as many online classes as my local community college offers. I'm still enrolled in an online program, for M.H. and N.D., that I started years ago and already paid for that I want to finish up. I think I'll make it a point to focus on that, I'd really like to get that finished up.

Dodger is wanting to get back into shape. He's developing a pot belly and slight love-handles. I try not to poke at his belly but I just can't help it sometimes. lol. He called a friend of his who is a coach and trainer to ask him how he should go about getting back into shape. He told Dodger that he needed to get a check-up first. Ha, that's so laughable. We don't have a regular doctor and I'm certain that it will be months before he could get one through the clinic. I'll call about appointments for us all anyway. We have a membership (via scholarship) to our local Y. We haven't used it most of the summer. I hope Dodger is willing to go with me and Dancer now, he's never used it. I have plans to go back to using either next week or the week after. I have the pool schedule written out as well as a few classes that I'd like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.