Monday, September 7, 2009

Warm end of summer day

It's a wonderfully warm day in September. Dodger and Dancer have gone to the hardware store to pick up some garden edgers that Dancer wants for her flower garden. (Still need to post the pictures I've taken of that.) I'm out on the front porch again taking in the sun and sounds of life.

I've been up for about an hour now. I was pretty groggy this morning and slept longer than I expected to since I went to bed before 2:30. I watched TV until 2 and then read for a bit. I woke up enough around 11:40 to turn my little bedside light on but then turned over and went back to sleep for another hour.

I've started reading this awesome book called, "Living, Loving & Learning" by Leo Buscaglia. I understand it to be a written form of many talks he has given. From what I can tell, he's an educator (college level) who's harping on the state of education in our country. Some of this stuff was written way back in the late 60s to early 80s. Funny how nothing has changed in our educational system since then and the programs that have been implemented have only made things worse.

Anyhow... I got a little rant in right there. LOL.

What I've read could be applied to any area of life not just in an educational setting. His first piece is called 'Love as a Behavior Modifier'. It's about being human, embracing our humanity, relating to one another through and with love, getting rid of labels and getting real.

The next piece is called "On Becoming You". I hope to get through that one tonight.

We're heading to my dad's later for dinner. We'll probably take the Wii and have a bowling tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.