Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stir Crazy

Dancer is sick with a cold, so I went to our co-op by myself. I am the helper in Dancer's writing class and I felt ok with leaving her home alone for an hour. I did run to the grocery store afterwards to pick up milk and a few other things but I was home by 1:45.

She is stir crazy right about now. She really wants to go to dance class tonight but I still think she should give it one more day. There's no need to be grossing the other kids and parents out if she gets too hot and starts hacking stuff up. I doubt she's contagious anymore, she developed the sore throat on Sunday, but I'd rather be sure then to expose someone else to it.

I worked on adding some more fun things to our homeschool support group/co-op interactive student community website this afternoon and I just finished mopping the kitchen floor. It was nasty. It was dirtier than it looked. I'm updating my blog while I wait for it to dry.

I also added a weightloss ticker to the bottom of my blog page here. I'm a visual person, so I like to see it charted like that. I'm tempted to get on the scale today but I'm forcing myself to wait until my Saturday weigh-in day. I'm hopeful every week that my efforts have paid off on the scale. I'm certain that the math of it all doesn't lie. I haven't developed an exercise routine yet. I may do that soon. For now, I'm just trying to stay moving throughout the day and not sit in front of the computer too long or at all.

Dodger has been working long hours on this job. He's about done with the high stuff on this house, which is good because the high stuff freaks me out. The rest will be easier and should go more quickly.

I still need to figure out what to do about my own job situation. I don't know that I feel right not having a job. I do have ideas for my own creative ventures and I really want to pursue that. I guess we'll see how it all goes. I do need to call and find out if I can cash in my ESO from my current job. I've got a nice sum on that that is fully vested since I've been there so long. I will put that on my list to do tomorrow. It's important, I don't want to lose that money.

I also need to call about getting my old car towed and junked out. It's been sitting and the shop since it went out back in April. I've had another vehicle since the end of May. I really shouldn't have waited to so long to take care of this. I told my dad that I'd get it taken care of soon. I'd better do it before he drives by there and still sees it sitting there.

I still need to figure out what to make for dinner. It will probably be some sort-of hamburger helper type meal with veggies and potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.