Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cravings

I don't deny myself anything but I do choose to use my calorie budget wisely. I prefer to eat more fruit and veggies and foods that will fill me up rather than empty calorie foods where I will be hungry again in a short period of time.

But I do still get cravings for sweet things sometimes and I still want to stay within my calorie budget, so grabbing a piece of fruit isn't always an option in those situations. I instead drink Stevia sweetened iced tea. I also brew the iced tea with a few tea bags of herbal tea to give it a little infusion of flavor. Stevia is an all natural herbal sweetener and doesn't affect blood sugar. I use the liquid form and add 20 drops to a quart of iced tea. I made raspberry infused iced tea earlier this evening. It smells and tastes wonderful and gives me enough sweetness to satisfy those cravings without adding any calories.

If you're wanting to steer clear of caffeine, then I'd recommend using green tea instead of regular tea bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.