Friday, September 18, 2009

Working Blues

Sigh. The job situation has deteriorated rapidly. My supervisor, who is leaving next week and is the reason why I'm also leaving, sent me a text saying that she still hasn't gotten her raise for when she took over the position. They owe her back pay for 70+ hours since she started the position over a month ago. Anyway, she sent me a text saying that because she hasn't gotten her raise that she will not be there tonight. Sigh. So, I called in, too. I really hate this. I want to leave my job of 6 years with a good reference, because I've always worked my ass off there, but I just can't deal with all of the shit any more. Sigh. What do I do if she decides she's not going to work next week? I really do hate all of this.

I spent my morning and part of my afternoon paying bills. I'm all caught up on that now. If I can't find another job soon, I'll need to come up with some other ways to bring in some money. I could go donate plasma again but I had some reactions the last two times I went. I'm also wanting to start sewing and crafting again. So, I might start an Etsy store when I get some stuff made. I have gobs and gobs of fabric in my garage from when I worked for two different craft stores here in town.

I spent nearly 9 years combined working for those stores. I really miss my old job. I only left because I needed a night job. The place I'm working for now had night shift when I started working there. They no longer do and that was ok at first because we would then work 9-1 but it's been earlier and earlier lately and that just doesn't fit into our lifestyle. That's another one of the reasons why I'm leaving but it's not THE reason. I'll never bash them publicly because they have been good to work for. I have ESO and they offer part-timers benefits like vacation pay and health care. It's just the job situation at this particular store has deteriorated to a point where working there is no longer an option. I enjoy my job and who I work with, I just don't enjoy the stress that's come from what's going on.

So, with the call off of work and Dancer going with my mom after tennis lessons, Dodger and I will get to spend some alone time together. This is a positive.

It's quite chilly in the house today. It's actually warmer outside then it is in here. I had to put slipper socks on and my feet are still cold. No fans going in the house today. Less energy being used. That reminds me, I really need to call about getting energy assistance for winter, the website says I need Social Security cards but I don't know where mine or Dancer's is. The gas bill is always a killer. I think it will be cheaper to buy space heaters and keep the heat in the house down. We're big wimps around here when it comes to weather extremes. We don't like hot and we don't like cold.

I cleaned nearly the whole kitchen last night. The only thing that didn't get cleaned was the upper walls and the inside of the fridge. Everything else is scrubbed down and it looks good. I'm really focusing on getting the house cleaned and decluttered so then I'll feel comfortable on focusing on sewing and making money. I need to get back to doing giveaways, sweepstakes and freebies, too. I have a blog just for that. I hope to eventually turn it into something profitable, too. I have skills, I just need to really focus and start utilizing them.

I just realized that I haven't eaten lunch. And I haven't logged what I ate for breakfast yet either. So I will do that before I run out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.