Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No witty title...

I'm beginning to find it a little annoying to think up a title everyday for my posts. Lately I've found everyday to be a beautiful day, rain or shine. Why do I feel it's necessary to title my posts?

Today is so so beautiful. The sun is shining bright and it's so warm out. I enjoyed my breakfast and lunch out on the porch again today. I enjoyed fresh strawberries on my cereal for breakfast and fresh tomatoes on my sandwich for lunch.

The brick edgers that Dancer added to her flower garden have only enhanced the beauty that I get to see from my front porch everyday. Summer is still hanging on. The leaves are still a beautiful green and there are still various flowers blooming and spreading beautiful splashes of yellows, pinks, whites, and blues all around.

The only tree I've seen starting to turn is the one in my back yard. It's a weed of a tree. I scavenged it from the side yard when it was just a tiny runt of a thing and planted it to replace the one that had died off and been cut down. I've been torn about whether or not I should cut it down. I really want a garden and we have very little shade with all of the trees in our yard. It's a very small yard to begin with, so the two trees in front and two in back have pretty much shaded the whole yard. I wish there was a place for a community garden locally. That would solve my problem but I've never seen a spot or an interest in one.

Dancer and I saw a squirrel earlier this afternoon with a fresh nut in it's mouth. It scurried up the front yard and up one of the trees. A little bit later I saw it scurry down the other tree and the down the driveway towards the back yard. Somewhere up in the tree branches it had crossed over from one tree to the other. It was all really cute to see. He's preparing for the coming winter months, I'm sure.

I have preparations to do, too. There's storm windows to be put in and air conditioners to be covered. There's yard waste to be hauled out and things to be trimmed back for the winter months. Maybe I'll get to these soon but for now I'm going to suck up as much as I can of what's left of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.