Friday, September 11, 2009

Emotionally beat

I woke up this morning feeling like I had been beat-up. Emotionally, I was. Dodger and I had a fight before bed. Actually, I went to bed so I wouldn't have to fight with him anymore. It's always about the same f-ing thing... what time I go to bed. He has this big hang up on my staying up late and the waking up 2 to 3 hours after my Dancer wakes up. We actually had another fight via telephone this morning. He admitted last night that he had some depression last month because of his work situation. Well, that doesn't sit well with me because I never once made him feel like he was a mental case or told him to just get over it. HE DOES DO THAT TO ME! Not cool, just not cool. I went through a few really shitty months a month or two back and he didn't support me through it at all. It was my online friends who helped me through. Thank goodness for them and their advice.

I ate breakfast and lunch out on the porch again. It's another beautiful day today. I didn't really spend any other time out on the porch other than to eat out there. I miss it, maybe I'll take some time tomorrow to hang out and do some reading out there or even just watch nature and the activity of my neighbors.

I'm still doing well with logging my food via the Lose It app for the iPod. I had some serious cravings for that elusive something yesterday evening but I pushed past it and still came in under my daily calorie budget. Before today, I am 237 calories under my weekly budget. Weigh-in day is tomorrow, I hope to see another pound or two down from last week.

I spent some time today updating the website for our new homeschool support group and co-op. I added a monthly calendar of events, changed the background theme, added pass-over instructions to the links, and made some of the pictures clickable for a larger view.

I also did some light cleaning in the kitchen today. I washed the microwave turntable plate and scrubbed it down, inside and out. I also wiped down the pantry cabinet. The dishes are done and the cabinet tops and stove top are wiped clean.

I just dropped off Dancer to her first tennis lesson of the fall. Another $374 just disappeared off of my available credit. Tennis lessons aren't so much when you break down the cost per lesson, it's just the having to pay for it all up front that hurts. We are not members of the athletic club where she takes lessons, so I don't get the payment plan option like members do.

After practice, she's going down to the lake with my mom and step-dad. There's some 9/11 remembrance car show and music going on. Not my style, so I won't be staying, but I don't mind running her down there and dropping her off. Maybe I'll stop at the Redbox on the way home and get a movie for Dodger and I to watch. I can afford a $1 rental.

Dancer has Nutcracker auditions tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to one more thing to take her to this fall. We're already at the dance studio 3 times a week. No big deal if it was just down the road but it's 20 min across town. The gas adds up with all of that running back and forth. Oh, well, it is what it is. I will always do what I can to make sure that Dancer is able to do these things that she loves. I'm just so glad that golf lessons don't start up again until November.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.