Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today I woke up via an alarm

Today I woke up via an alarm. I don't like doing that but some days it's necessary. I certainly wouldn't have wanted us to be late to co-op today. So, got up and ate breakfast. Dancer woke up shortly after. I told her to go back to her room and give herself a little time to wake up and that I would shower first.

Dodger didn't work today because of the rain. He was waking up close to the time we were getting ready to leave for co-op. At least he didn't sleep all day as he's been known to do.

After co-op we had planned to go to the zoo because it's free day but because of the weather and hunger, we decided to go home and eat. I went grocery shopping after lunch. I didn't do too bad. Spent just over $80. I won't need to go again for a few more weeks.

I really want to learn how to use rice and beans in cooking. I really think that would help me to stretch my food budget further as well as add some healthy complex carbs to our diet. Meat is not a big part of our diet, being that it's so much more expensive to eat that way but I think we could eat even less if I knew some great easy ways to use rice and beans.

Right now I'm sitting in the lobby of the college where Dancer takes dance. I will have to leave for my last night of work soon. I could have gone home after dropping her off at class but waiting and then heading to work from here will save gas.

I'm rather conflicted about leaving my job. I know that it's the right thing to do at this point. I don't want to stay. They really have taken advantage of me over the past 6 years. After finding out some facts over the past few days and further reflection on my part, there is no doubting that. I'm just worried about what it's going to be like to not have my own money. I know I shouldn't worry. It will work out one way or another. It's not as if I couldn't go find another job.

I really am looking forward to some homeschool projects that Dancer and I have planned. I'm looking forward to being able to be open and free to all things. That includes pursuing my own business ventures. I'd also like to start volunteering and getting involved in activist opportunities. I want Dancer to see how her hard work can help others and how one voice speaking out really can make a difference.

Ah, the possibilities in life are endless. That's so exciting, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.