Thursday, September 3, 2009

Could it be anymore beautiful outside

Wow. Today was a perfect day for the park. Dancer and I met some friends for an afternoon at the park today. It was actually so breezy there that I got chilled a bit.

The kids all played great together, as they always do and the 3 of us moms sat and talked. Mostly about the state of health care and retirement funds. Of which, my family has neither. I know we all don't agree politically but there's just no question that something must be done. There's no good excuse for the USA to not have a fantastic universal health care system. We should be looking to Canada and Australia for systems that work.

I have state health coverage because my family is so low income. Dance has full coverage and Dodger and I have a co-pay. But I only consider it to be emergency coverage because no doctor will accept state health coverage.

It doesn't matter what your position on it all is because there's no denying that what's going on now isn't right and isn't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.