Monday, September 14, 2009

Squirrels frolicking

I'm sitting out on my porch soaking in another beautiful afternoon. The air still smells like summer and it feels much warmer than the 77• that the weather app on the iPod said it was a few hours ago. The only hint that fall is coming are the cooler nights and the sun setting earlier.

I've watched a few squirrels frolic, one of them with a fresh nut in it's mouth. And the neighborhood black cat is trotting from house to house. It came right up on our front sidewalk just now but when it saw me it started to move on at a quicker pace.

Now I see that there are two black cats in the neighborhood. Funny I have never noticed that before. They are both hanging out together across the road.

I'm so happy to be home and just chillin today. I'm also glad that days like yesterday are few and far between. I love my family but don't really like them all that much. Two have to see two parts of the family on the same day was a bit much. There's Dodgers' family who I don't know all that well and don't see that often and so they don't really engage me in their conversations. I was bored stiff for that 3-1/2 hours. Then there's my mom and her side of the family. Well, they are all so passive/aggressive that it drives me nuts to be around them. Like the comment that my mom made when I asked her if the veggies had been steamed and if they had any butter or margarine in them. She acted like she was annoyed that I was asking what was in stuff and off-handedly said "we only use butter in this house.". Ugh. I just wanted to know what was in the food. I haven't lost 14 lbs since the 19th of Aug by not knowing exactly what I was putting in my mouth.

So here I am back on my own turf where I feel comfortable in my own skin. The house is in a nice state of comfortably lived in look. Dishes are done and the counters are wiped down. I'm wondering what I should make for dinner. Maybe I'll ask Dancer what she would like. I also think that I'll go in and sweep and mop the kitchen and maybe the bathroom. The floors are looking a little worse for wear.

Dodger has started on a big outside job, so I expect that he'll use as much of the sunlight as he can get over the next few weeks of no rain in the forecast.

I think I'll sit here for a little while longer. There's no rush. I really like this speed of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.