Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's a little overcast outside today

It's a little overcast outside today. The Doppler on the weather.com has some rain moving through south of us today. I enjoyed my breakfast of Rice Krispies, fresh strawberries and whole milk out on the front porch again today. I'm taking advantage of every last moment of summer that's left.

I work this evening and am feeling slightly annoyed by that fact. I'm focusing on things that will help me take my mind off of that right now. This is supposed to be the last week that we have to go in so early to work. They have hired 4 new people to work with us but I haven't a clue how they are going to get trained properly. I won't worry about that, it is what it is.

I started a new book last night (one I got through inner-library loan) called, "Raising Freethinkers: A Practical Guide for Parenting Beyond Belief." It is a follow-up book to "Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion," which I haven't read but from what I can tell it's not going to make any difference to read them out of order. I also got another book from the library called "Women Without Superstition 'No Gods-No Masters': The Collected Writings of Women Freethinkers of the Nineteenth & Twentieth Centuries." I'm looking forward to digging into that, too.

As for theology and personal beliefs, I'm still fluxing all around. Spiritual Atheist, Pantheist, Humanist, with a bit of Panentheist thrown in. It's all a big mix of a mess, so don't ask me to label it... I'll refuse! LOL. I have a burning desire to learn as much as I can about different theologies and beliefs AND why people believe what they do. I could really see myself going into sociology with a specialization in belief systems.

Dancer has just made herself lunch and I think I will do the same. Maybe the rest of my afternoon will be filled with reading on the porch or maybe I'll do some light housework. It all remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.