Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A day to relax

I've spent the past few days catching up on cleaning around here. Today I did a bit here and there but really just took the day to enjoy the great weather. I spent some time hanging out on my clean porch again. I ate lunch out there again and played on the iTouch a bit until a few mosquitoes decided to make me their lunch.

I caught up on homeschool co-op stuff and emails. I looked up the Energy Assistance Program phone number since a friend of mine told me that they are making appointments for winter assistance now. We are getting a little more in food assistance per month now, too, so that will be helpful, too.

I'm cooking dinner now. It will be the Aldi brand Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Dinner (aka Hamburger Helper) and green beans tonight. I'll also have some cooked carrots since I have some in the fridge that need eaten up and neither Dodger or Dancer like cooked (canned) carrots.

I have to work tonight from 7:45 - 12:15. I have my snack packed and logged on the Lose It app already. I haven't started any formal exercise yet. Maybe in a few more weeks as the food logging becomes second nature. I do have more energy and I know the cleaning and less computer time is burning extra calories.

I did read the introduction in Don Quixote last night before bed and remembered to take the St. John's Wort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.