Friday, September 25, 2009

My last night at work

So last night was my last night at work. If there was any doubt that I was doing the right thing by leaving, last night erased it. Out of the 8 people that were scheduled, 5 showed up. When I got there, I had no idea I was going to have to run the show. The manager on duty didn't know a thing about any call offs and no one, including the current supervisor, sent me a text to let me know they wouldn't be there. Sigh. Thank goodness it is no longer my headache to deal with. I got through last night without going crazy and without telling anyone where to shove it. I left my job without burning any bridges which is exactly how I wanted it. It takes class to do that when you work for managers that just don't give a shit.

Dodger didn't work again today. It's another rainy day. He does have some inside work he could have done for another client but this lady wants it done on her timing. Sorry, this business just doesn't work that way.

I've spent most of my day in my room listening to the Fat 2 Fit Radio podcasts and browsing the net via the iPod. Since Dodger is home, I'm not really able to attack the living room like I'd like to. He's been kind of a bug the past few days. Maybe I'll clean the laundry room later while Dancer is at tennis lessons.

So, Dancer has tennis lessons in a bit. She's also playing a match after lessons are over. She really doesn't want us to come and watch. She says it would make her nervous and that she would be thinking about us watching her. Maybe she'll change her mind before the match. If not, then I'll respect that even though I really want to come watch her play.

I hope to get a chance to work more on my weight loss blog tomorrow. I haven't had any good computer time with Dodger being home from work. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow. I expect to see at least another pound lost. Next week I'm going to add some exercise to my week. I'm happy with the way things are going with logging my food and with my weight loss so far but I'd like to start speeding things up a bit so that I can really start seeing some good results when I look in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.