Friday, September 4, 2009

Thank goodness for sunny summer days

I really need to adjust my sleep schedule. There's no good reason for me to get home from work between 12:30 - 1 am and then stay up until 3, especially since all I'm doing between that time is watching TV.

Last night was a long night at work. Everyone thought I was on speed because I was just killing it and moving through it so fast but I was just feeling good. We were scheduled from 6:30 - 12:30 but clocked out right around 12 and we had it all done! :)

After work I dropped our house payment off in the overnight box and came home and vegged out too long in front of the TV until 3. I remembered to take the St. John's Wort and then went to bed.

I've been out of bed less than an hour. I woke up around 12:20pm, grabbed some iced tea, Excedrin and came out onto the porch to get some sunshine and fresh air. It's so beautiful out today. It feels like it's in the lower 80s out and I can still hear the sounds of summer minus the sounds of the neighborhood children playing. There are a few lawn mowers going and a few cars driving by a few streets down. My neighbor to the left is sitting out on his front porch enjoying the sounds, smells, and weather, too.

A squirrel decided to have it's way with a few of my planters sometime this morning. He left me with a few messes to clean up from his escapade. I don't know why they insist on digging up my planters for. What are they looking for? I still have to move a few things around to clean up the mess from the planter in the corner of the porch.

Dodger pressure washed a house yesterday for his new job. He's not working today, it must need a day to dry or something. He's been really annoying lately to both Dancer and me. He's been overly loud and inappropriate with what he says. He has an issue with not respecting our boundaries. I deal with it most of the time but it really bothers me that he's been so disrespectful of Dancer's. At 13 there are things she doesn't want talked about in front of her. She doesn't like cussing and doesn't want sexual/ private stuff being talked about in such a flippant way. I don't know why he's acting like this so much lately and I'm not sure how to get him to stop. It's sad because instead of wanting to be around him we just want to avoid him.

I think I'll work on some more cleaning in my room today. I made a decent sized dent in it a few days ago but there's still a bit more to do. I need to change the bedsheets and fluff the feather bed. There's still a small pile of stuff at the end of my bed that I need to do something about.

First I need to eat. Now that I've been up for an hour (yep, I've been writing for over 30 min) I'm getting hungry. Time to go jump start the metabolism and get it burning for the day. The meds have helped my headache and hopefully as an after effect has helped the soreness in my feet from work last night.

This day would certainly be much better without Dodger here annoying us but we'll survive. Maybe I can get him to do some work outside on such a beautiful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.