Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another gorgeous day

It's another gorgeous day outside today. I managed to eat my breakfast of raisin bran with bananas and whole milk out on the porch again this morning. It was a quick breakfast with no time to really take in the beauty of my surroundings. But I still wanted to start the day off right by enjoying the bit of time I did have.

Today was the first day of our newly formed homeschool co-op classes. Well, our group really took over an old group and reshaped and overhauled what there was and turned it into a full support group with co-op classes being one of our options. The umbrella (support) group offers field trips, mom's support, beginning homeschooling support, etc... to those that haven't chosen to take co-op classes. Dancer is taking the Beginning Writing class and the Hobbies For Life class. I am the teacher's helper in the writing class, pretty much because I'm really good friends with the teacher. I don't *have to* help in any of the classes because I'm on the committee.

The writing class is using The Jr. Secret Writing Club curriculum plans by Lydia Netzer.

During 2nd hour classes, while Dancer was in her Hobbies For Life class, I sat in the cafe and enjoyed the free WiFi and chatted with some of the other moms. I love free WiFi! I can catch up on emails, twitter and even blog if I want to, while I wait. Our co-op really loves our new meeting place. It's so much bigger and nicer than our last place. They even have a computer lab that we hope to make use of in the future as we grow.

Dancer isn't taking any 3rd hour class this fall because there wasn't anything that sparked her interest. Hopefully in the spring there will be something she wants to take that hour. But really, it doesn't bother me that she's not taking something all 3 hours. It saves me money and time.

We both enjoyed our lunches on the porch after co-op. Dancer also took her writing homework out to the porch and worked on it there for awhile until she decided that she needed to use Google to help her spell out some words instead of looking them up in the dictionary. Got to love Google... it makes our lives so much easier.

I swept the porch again and wanted to lounge but the mosquitoes were making a meal out of me, so I came in and decided to blog from the computer today.

We'll be headed out to the dance studio again this evening. Dancer has jazz class tonight. I don't work, so I'll be hanging out and waiting for her. Maybe I'll catch up on some podcasts or reading while I'm there.

I keep meaning to call to get an appointment for heating assistance this winter and to get my old car towed from the shop. I also need to pop over to Apple's For Poppy Anne and get signed up for her new Snail Mail Revolution. It's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.