Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Catching up with friends

Today I woke up an hour later than I have been waking up because I stayed up late watching last night's episode of The Biggest Loser. I felt terrible when I woke up and had a bit of a headache. I ate breakfast but it still didn't go away, so I took some meds and that took care of it.

I haven't done much today. I thought I might work on my weight loss blog but my back began to hurt sitting in this computer chair. Then I thought I might clean my room but I needed to change the light bulb in my overhead light so that I could see. I changed the bulb but never started cleaning. It's just one of those days where I pittled with this or that but didn't dive into any project.

I did fill out my grocery shopping list. I supposed I will drive by the store on the way to dance class to see how late they are open. The store doesn't stay open very late, but it may be open long enough for me to drop Dancer off at dance and then I can go shopping while she's in class. There won't be any time for me to do it tomorrow because of co-op, the zoo, and another dance class. It may have to wait until Fri.

I did catch up with a few friends today via text. That was nice. One is going through a nasty divorce but she sounds better than the last time I talked with her and her kids sounds like they are doing better, too. I used to work with her at the job I'm leaving. She left there about three months ago and because of the divorce and how the kids were struggling, she hasn't gotten another job yet. Good for her. She's doing what's right for her kids and being there for them.

The other friend is pregnant and getting very close to her due date. She sent our small MNO group an email last week asking for prayers and good thoughts (because she's knows we aren't all godly, you know. lol.) because her little baby girl had turned breach and that would make her planned homebirth more difficult. She is going to see an acupuncturist this week, hopefully that will help get the baby turned back around.

I also have been struggling a bit with keeping my non-theist conversion a secret to most people, family and friends included. So, I talked with a pagan friend of mine to ask her if she ever felt that she wasn't being honest or true to herself by keeping her pagan views to herself most of the time. She said, no, because those views don't define who she is and aren't a big part of who she is. So, I have some more thinking to do. I have to decide for myself if I'm being less than honest because I don't share this part of myself with those around me because they wouldn't understand or worse, judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.