Saturday, October 24, 2009

who's reading my blog

Sometimes I wonder who's reading my blog and if they like reading my daily ins and outs, ups and downs. I post for myself but I still wonder.

I had maybe 5 to 6 hours of sleep last night before being rudely awaken, once again (it happens way too often), by my husband's cell phone alarm. It's not like the alarm is in the same room with me. Dodger and I usually sleep in separate rooms. He's not even in the next room. Yet, it lays right beside him and he won't shut it off. Maybe he doesn't even hear it. I don't know. To get him to shut it off, I call him on my cell phone.

I didn't really have time to get back to sleep before needing to get up myself. Dancer needed to be at her beginner horse class at 10. So, I got up around 8 and woke her up. I don't like being up so early. Especially since it makes for such a long day food wise. I'm eating too early in the day for me to be able to stretch my eating out so that I'm not hungry late in the evening like I am right now.

I got Dancer to her class on time. I waited out in the truck for her. I do a lot of waiting for her now since it makes no sense to spend extra gas on running around. I read through the new Family Fun magazine and last month's Shape magazine with the special breast cancer issue. There was lots of great information in both. It was pretty chilly today but the sun finally came out and really started to warm me up, especially since I was wearing all black.

Dodger was gone to work by the time we got home. I spent my afternoon working on my blog. I changed the theme and bought my own domain. I also started to build my own Twitter background using Paint and Picnic.

I think Dancer spent most of her afternoon on her roll playing chat. Dancer has also been working on a geography project that's been in my head for months now. She had been tracing country flags off of her computer screen and I came up with the idea of traveling the world virtually since we can't financially do it physically. I thought lapbooking would be a great way to do this but I never got around to planning it out. Last week I came up with the idea that she didn't need to wait on me to be able to do this. She loves building websites and I thought she'd have fun using her website building skills to put together her own website of countries. She can post pictures and info that she finds on the net. She took that idea and ran with it. She's been doing more country flags and has started working on the website.

I hope to get some more time tomorrow to work on my site and Twitter background. There are quite a few blog hacks that I want to try out. I've also been mulling over the direction I might want to take with another blog I have. I just have ideas, nothing solid yet. I really need to be writing my ideas down because I'm afraid I'm going to lose them. I feel like I'm flying blindly in the blog world. I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm willing to learn. It just seems that the good info either costs too much or it's all scattered in bits and pieces all over the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.