Saturday, October 10, 2009

Maybe a crochet project would be good to escape to

I think I got up around 12:30 today. I stayed up way too early last night, again. My back hurt and I was bored. That's my excuse.

I spent some more time looking for an online meeting place/social network/message board that would meet the needs of our homeschool support group. I didn't have much luck. We may just have to go back to Yahoo Groups, bah humbug.

Right now I'm watching a really great Italian cooking show on the Create PBS station. I think the lady's name who does the show is Lydia or Lidia. I enjoy her cooking style and how she gives a bit of a history lesson during the show.

I still have about 400 more calories to eat today. My eating schedule has been a bit off since Thursday.

I'm also worried about the upcoming holidays and how that will affect my progress. I guess I'd better start working on a holiday action plan, so that I can get through the holidays without going crazy. I really don't expect certain members of my family to support me during this time and I fully expect to get razzed for not eating anything and everything put in front of me. I will need to thicken my skin before then, so that I don't let that trigger me.

I may have healed from my past food addiction, but that doesn't mean that certain situations and certain people don't still trigger me. I guess a good thing for the holidays would be to put together a bag of tricks, so that I can have a healthy escape if need be. Maybe a crochet project would be good to escape to, it would keep my mind and my hands busy until I could get back to my comfortable home environment.

Maybe it all won't be that bad. My aunt is counting her calories, too. Maybe if they all know ahead of time that a healthy holiday is preferable, maybe they'll welcome it. Maybe just maybe my family could be supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.