Monday, October 26, 2009

I need to catch up

Let's see, I need to catch up on yesterday. It was beautiful outside yesterday. I think it got into the high 60s here. It was a perfect day for Dodger to work but he didn't. Maybe he thought it was supposed to rain. I'm not sure. Whatever the reason, by the time he got up and realized how great the weather was, it was too late to go because he would have only had about an hour at work before he need to come home to get cleaned up to go out for his birthday.

I took Dancer to Nutcracker practice in the afternoon. My mom and step-dad picked her up so she could go back and work on a card for her dad. Dancer always makes hand-made cards for birthdays. Dodger and I met them all at a little Mexican restaurant in town. We got there at 4 and we were the only people in there at that time. I had looked up Mexican food on the net before we went so I would know what to order. The websites that I read all recommended fajitas, so that's what I got. I ordered the chicken fajitas minus the tortilla wraps. It came with rice and refried beans (which I didn't eat) and lettuce w/ guacamole and pico de gallo. I asked for it without the guacamole. I love guacamole but it's too high in calories for me right now. I got so much food that I only ate half of it. The internet said that most chicken fajitas have somewhere between 330-360 calories. I logged the whole amount even though I only ate half of it. When I go out to eat, I always over budget it just to be safe.

After dinner we went back to my mom's for ice cream and cake. Dancer was full and didn't want any. I didn't have any cake and only a small scoop of ice cream. I can't believe there was 180 in 1/2 cup of that ice cream. My mom knows I'm counting my calories, so why not pick up something lighter. Ugh. We chatted and watched a little TV. Around 6:30, DH told me he was ready to go. Normally Dancer would have stayed but last night she chose to come with us. I don't think she was feeling good. I think dinner was messing with her stomach.

The rest of the night, I just hung out and watched TV. The only good thing on was Desperate Housewives. I did watch part of the A.L. series, too. I was hoping the Angels would win but they didn't. So, the Yankees and the Phillies are going to be in the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.