Monday, October 26, 2009

Italian sausage and baked beans

Today I finally crawled out of bed a bit before 1pm. I needed to catch up on some sleep. After I got up, I worked on my other blog for most of the afternoon.

Dodger arrived home just before 5. He would have worked longer but it started to rain. He had a few sacks from the grocery store when he got out of his truck. He decided he wanted a little something different for dinner then what we usually have around here. He had picked up some Italian sausage, brats, and a roast.

Dodger grilled out the Italian sausage and I heated up some baked beans and corn to go with it. I can't believe how many calories are in Italian sausage and brats. I didn't have mine on a bun so that I could save calories. That left me extra so that I could have the whole Snickers bar that he brought home for me.

Dancer helped him clean off some stepping stones that he's going to stain for a customer. He also brought in a bunch of shutters for the same customer and sanded and painted on those for most of the evening.

I washed up the dishes from dinner and then prepped the roast in the crockpot for dinner tomorrow. I added potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, chives and some spices. I'll plug it in and turn it on before I got to bed in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.