Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I FINALLY called the junk yard

I went back to bed this morning around 7:30. I ended up sleeping till 1:30. Dancer never went back to bed, poor thing. When I got up she was making more country flags by finding them on the net and then taping a piece of paper over her computer screen and tracing them.

It was super nice out today, do I got the windows with the air conditioners taped up today. I ran out of duct tape, so Dodger picked some up on the way home from work so I could finish up the last window.

I FINALLY called the junk yard about towing my car that broke down back in April. The car that has been sitting at the auto shop since April! Why in the world did I wait so long? What was I afraid of? I called and the guy said I'd probably get about $100 for the car. Then I called my mechanic to tell him to quit looking for a motor because I was just going to junk it. He sounded relieved. LOL. So, once I take the title into the junk yard, they'll get it picked up and write me a check.

I've been putting things off lately and this week I'm getting all of those things done and off of my shoulders. I called my public aid caseworker a few days ago to let her know that I'm no longer working. She'll get that message tomorrow. We'll see if she has a need to call me.

I still need to find out how to open an IRA and get my ESO transferred over. I need to get confirmation of mine and Dancer's Social Security numbers because I can't find our cards and I need them to sign up for heating assistance. I also need to try and sign up for a 0% APR credit card offer that has expired but I still need to try because my 0% that I have now is up and I need to transfer that balance.

I will have all of those things done by the weekend. I will STOP putting things off! Oh, and next week we WILL start going back to the Y and making use of the scholarship membership that we have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.