Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today was a good day

Today was a good day. I got up around 11. Dodger hadn't left for work yet. I squeezed in a little bit of computer time after I ate breakfast while he cleaned out his truck to load up the shutters he painted a few days ago for the house he's working on. He kicked me off the computer for a bit so he could write up a bid for someone and then took off to go work.

Around 3 he called to ask if he left the paint for this job sitting outside the back door. He had, so I ran it out to him. These houses he works on are so big and so nice. It really makes me want to bitch-slap someone.

I got quite a bit done on my other blog today. I worked on some posts for the next few days and have them scheduled to post automatically. I also added the AddThis code to my layout so that people could easily repost my blog posts on places like Twitter and Facebook.

I also worked on a blogging schedule. I have certain days of the week dedicated to certain types of posts. I still feel like a novice but I'll get better at it as I go and learn what works and what doesn't.

I pulled a book off my bookshelf last night before I went to bed called, "Your Simple Guide to a Home-Based Business" by Emilie Barnes and Sheri Torelli. I read a few pages last night and look forward to reading more tonight. I'm hoping for some organizational insights and I'm hoping it will facilitate some brainstorming on my part.

I also need to raid the library for writing tips. I want to feel more confident when I write my blog posts. I'd also like to get into blogging for other people, too. I've seen places that pay bloggers to write for them.

Dancer is in one of her dance classes. I'm waiting out in the truck for her. I love that the WiFi reaches outside the building to the parking lot. As long as I'm able to park next to the building, I don't usually have problems picking it up It will soon get so cold out that I will have to go inside and wait.

I guess when I get home. I'll watch a few shows, pay some bills, and read. My life feels pretty boring lately. I feel this way when it starts to get cold outside and we all are stuck inside most of the time. When the world goes into hibernation, why shouldn't we? It is the best time of year to just shut ourselves off from the outside stuff and take the time to re-evaluate, re-learn, and renue. This is a good thing. I think I just had a shift in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.