Tuesday, October 13, 2009

do you ever wonder...

if you're doing enough?

Meaning, are we making our unschooling lives full enough that there is no need for curriculum?

After a few months of seemingly nothing really going on in our lives but the daily grind, I wonder if I'm doing enough.  Dancer spends many of her days online, working on building websites for her *other* worlds (mainly The Warrior series and Naruto), talking on chat pretending to be cats in this Warrior world, and chatting with friends on the website set-up as our homeschool group's social network.  She found a Paint-like program online and drew some digital pictures on there for her sites and last week I showed her the Paint program on her computer, and she's been taking pics from the web and altering them and then adding them to Photobucket and sometimes to her websites.  She's also been making a scrapbook to put her ribbons and awards in from stuff she's participated in, in the past.

She's back to her weekly routine of dance and sports.  Dance 3 nights a week (T, W, Th), tennis on Fridays, Nutcracker practice on Sundays and in Nov, golf on Mondays.  She also has co-op on Thurs afternoons.  Other than that, we haven't been doing much.  Heck, there's no money to do much more than that.  I used to be the queen of free... I knew what was going on in the area to do that didn't cost any money or very little but I haven't kept up on that.  Maybe I just got burnt out.  IDK.  I guess I've just been feeling like I haven't been doing enough facilitating.

We've had great ideas of things we want to do, but just haven't done them.  She'll get busy doing her thing and I get busy doing mine and we just never get to doing these other things.

I know this is stuff that I can change.  I suppose that I'm just venting my worries so that they don't overwhelm me.  I'm very visual.  I need to write things down.  I think that writing things out so that I can see them helps me to focus and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.