Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Be all things to all people

After I blogged last night, I ended up chatting with an online friend via AIM about the fact that I feel like a fraud in certain circles now because I'm not a Christian anymore and could for sure say that I'm a non-theist although not altogether an atheist. She's one of the only people I trust to talk about these sort-of things with.

It was really great to get some of this off of my chest. It's really been nagging at me lately. I've always been an introspective person but I'll go crazy if I have to be in my head for too long without some respected feedback.

The one thing that my friend said that has been sticking with me all day is, "be all things to all people." Wow. That's quite a challenge for someone who's more likely to separate herself from other people so that they don't get too close and find out that there are big issues that we don't agree on. I guess I'm up to the challenge, being that my whole purpose of writing all of this out here in this blog is acceptance. Acceptance of myself and of others. I just am baffled at how I could relate to an evangelical Christian at this point? Sure other religions come into play, too, but not so much in the homeschooling circles around here.

Today has been another lazy day. We really didn't do much but play on the computer. I thawed out steaks for dinner at Dodger's request. I'm sitting out in my truck, as I type, at Dancer's dance studio while Dodger is at home cooking up those steaks. I hope he grills them. There's nothing like the taste of grilled food. Yum.

SYTYCD is being recorded on my VCR. I'll be watching that later. I'm taping a few shows on CBS tonight, too. I'll have to watch those another day. Maybe on Saturday, there's not a damn thing on TV on Saturday night.

I'm looking forward to another episode of The Darla Show tonight on Twitter. You can join in by following @thedarlashow and then being on Twitter Sun-Thurs starting at 10:15pm Central time.

Tomorrow we have homeschool co-op. Pictures are being taken for the yearbook (new thing the kids are putting together this year) during co-op time. Dancer was a little grumpy when I told her about the pictures today. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a packet of pictures yet. That will depend on the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.