Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The holidays are mostly over...

The holidays are mostly over... time to play a little catch-up around here.

Friday, Christmas Day, I woke up early and then woke Dancer up to come out and open her presents. She didn't get much but I know she wanted everything she got. She got a Lakers jersey, a Dodgers jersey and a huge stuffed white tiger. We also got her a Snuggie which was one of those after-thought gifts just to get her something extra under the tree. She already got her computer desk and chair the day after Thanksgiving. Dodger and I didn't get each other anything. There was no money for that.

Dancer and I headed out early to the grandparents house so we could stop by my dad's on the way there to pick up her Wii remotes she left there the night before. We didn't even end up using the Wii at all this day.

We had brunch/lunch just around noon at my grandparents. Dodger was a little late getting out there. We were getting ready to eat as he arrived. After we ate, we did the few gifts for the "kids" and grandparents and then did our $50 gifts that we bought for ourselves with the money grandma gave us at Christmas. That was enjoyable and I almost guessed everyone right. If I hadn't second-guessed myself when it came to my step-dad's gift, I would have gotten everyone right. We also played this hilariously funny game called '4 on the couch'.

For dinner we had this build-a-mountain thing that my aunt Jodi had seen done somewhere else. I'll have to get the "recipe" from her and post it.

The rest of the evening we played games. A few board games, a few card games, and Guestures. It was an evening with few family issues, which was nice. The old-folks were ready for bed by 10, so all of us had left for home by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.