Saturday, December 12, 2009

finally got some good alone time

This morning I was up at 7:45 to wake Dancer up at 8. She needed to be ready to be picked up for her shopping trip with my mom and step-dad by 9.

I spent part of my day getting caught-up on the TV shows I taped last week. I think all I had left to watch was CSI Miami. I also spent the majority of my day cleaning up Dancer's computer. I removed a lot of files and old software. I also defragged it.

Dodger finally went out to see what he could find out about the issue with my truck not wanting to go forward. It's not the transmission because the rear tires want to push it forward. It doesn't seem to be the breaks because the wheels freely turn when jacked up. Dodger said he was able to turn the break pads, too. He talked to my dad about it. My dad couldn't think of anything over the phone. I think he's going to come in and look at it on Mon. Dodger also called his brother but he hasn't gotten a call back yet.

We finally got some good alone time today, too, which was great. We are so used to Dancer going to my mom's for most of her weekends that her sudden (and understandable) desire to stay home more on the weekends has put a wrench in our couples time.

No regular workout today. I did count hubby time. I only log my exercise at the end of the day after I've eaten all of my calories for the day. I will eventually go by my net calorie daily budget but for now I'm just going by the gross calorie budget. I need the extra push of the extra calorie deficit from the exercise to get me through the holidays and to get the weight loss ball rolling again.

The soreness is barely there today even the back of my right knee. I'm feeling so much better this week. Being off of my regular routine affected me more than I thought it did. I just didn't know it until getting back to my routine. I knew it bugged me but I have so much more energy and a sense of balance in my days again.

I'm still amazed that this has been so easy for me. I know it's my attitude and the paradigm shift(s) I've gone through over the years. I chose to do this out of a love for myself not out of desperation like in the past. If I never lose another pound I would still love myself. But I know that this is what my body needs right now, so I doubt that the weight loss will stop. The logging is easy and actually fun on the Lose It app. There's a lot of math involved and I like that.

The exercise is a joy to do. Sure, it's only walking for now but walking is a great workout and is just as beneficial as jogging and less prone to injury. I can't wait to add weights to my rotation. I can't wait to feel stronger. I know I am strong on the inside. I have been lifting emotional weights for years. Now it's time for the outside to catch up to the inside.

Dancer got home a few hours ago. She got some new ball caps (one of her favorite QB and the other her favorite Nascar driver) and some Yugi-O cards. She said my step-dad gave her $40 to spend. $20 on herself and $20 for a birthday gift for my mom. I guess we are getting together for my mom's birthday tomorrow evening. I didn't know anything about it till about 30 min. ago. Dancer said something to Dodger about it and then he mentioned it to me. When I went to Dancer to get details she only knew the time, no other details. Sigh. Its not her fault and she shouldn't be the one having to tell us about it anyway. Oh well, that's how they are so it shouldn't surprise me.

I'm going to watch the late night episode of CSI Miami with Dodger and then spend a little more time with him after Dancer goes to bed. Maybe I'm trying to catch up on lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.