Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Continuing to play catch-up...

Tues. Dancer had asked the night before if I would take the two of them ice skating. Her cousin has never been ice skating and Dancer had yet to go this season. So I checked online to see what the skate times were before going to bed Mon. night.

I set my alarm for 9:30 to get up and shower before needing to wake the girls up. The website said that the skate time was from 12-1 for $2 plus skate rental. I made them breakfast while they got cleaned up and we got to the rink just before noon.

We had to mess around with the skates a few times to get them to feel comfortable and fit right. That took up skate time. Then I heard some mom's talking about what time the session ended. I was expecting 1 pm but since they charged me $4 each plus skates I figured it must be longer. So I went back up to the counter and asked. The dude said that they no longer have the 12-1 skate for $2 and that the session is now from 11-1. I was like, well you need to tell the people upstairs to change your website because I just paid full price for them to skate for an hour. He was like, well we take care of that. He could tell I was mad and should have done the right thing and refunded the extra that I paid since it was their fault but he didn't. I think I'm going to call and talk to someone upstairs about it.


At some point my uncle did call me to apologize for Mon. night. My dad called to see if I would take my uncle grocery shopping since they had hardly any food in the house. I guess my uncle had lost his only key to his car in his drunken stupor the night before so he couldn't go pick up his car. I told him that I was tired of running around and didn't really want to. If my uncle's DD had decided she wanted to go back out to my dad's then I would have gone grocery shopping for them before I took her back out but she wanted to stay with us another night.

At some point in the evening I decided to go grocery shopping for them anyway. I have some extra money wrapped up on my food stamp card, so I went shopping and then around 10 pm I ran the stuff over to my dad at work so he could take it home.

My uncle Pat also called. I was able to talk to him about the junk going on with my uncle Steve and his drinking. I needed to talk to someone who was closer to it but not as close as my dad. I tried to talk about healing and freedom but he only *got it* a bit. My dad doesn't get it at all. It was nice just to be able to talk about it. I needed to get all that had happened over the past two days off of my chest. I'm just sad that my uncle is still enslaved to the addiction after all these years. He was sober for 17 years but went back to the addiction after his marriage fell apart. It's going on 5 years now and he's had moments of slowing down but has never stopped drinking.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today we didn't go anywhere. My dad took my uncle out to his car to see if they could take out something on the steering column and go have a key made. They ended up calling a locksmith who wasted a bunch of time. I guess he didn't end up having the right sized blank and never called to tell them. Then they had to call a tow to come get the car and tow it to a place to have a key made. I was assuming that after the car was running that my uncle would come pick up his DD but I end up getting a call from him after he got back home to my dad's.

I did try an upper body weight lifting routine that is free on exercisetv.tv. They have a lot of great free full-length exercise routines on there. I can tell my arms are going to be really sore tomorrow. I should have walked but didn't make time to do it earlier.

I had decided, after talking to my dad, that it would be ok for Dancer to stay over tonight. He talked to my uncle to lay down some ground rules. He knows I'm hesitant to leave her with him after Mon. night's incident. Dad is taking her shopping tomorrow, so it's easier to have her spend the night there instead of coming in here to get her in the morning. So since my uncle went home instead of seeing if he should come pick up the girls, I had to drive them out there. We didn't rush it. I still had to finish Dancer's laundry so she would have her dressy clothes for Christmas Eve dinner with my step-dad's family. My dad and step-dad's mom live in the same little town, so I'm picking Dancer up on the way there tomorrow evening. So, we got everything packed up and headed out there around 6. We were almost there when I started hearing this really loud noise. I was like, no way, I DON'T HAVE A FLAT TIRE! Ugh. I had to drive on the rim a little way to get to the gas station at the edge of town. I tried to call my uncle but he didn't answer. Then I tried to call my dad because I wasn't sure if we still had his hydraulic jack from working on my breaks. So I ended up calling Dodger to tell him I needed help.

He had to get the jack loaded up and drive the 25 min. there. By that time my uncle had called me because he was wondering when I was bringing the girls out. Turns out he was on the phone when I called. I asked him to come down and get the girls because they were bored. So he did that. After a bit he came back down to check on me. By that time Dodger had gotten there, so he helped handle the jack while Dodger changed the tire. All of this in the nasty cold rain.

On the way back home I noticed some shiny crap strewn across the road near where I first noticed the issue with my tire. It's possible whatever that was caused my flat. Actually it's more than a flat, it tore up my tire. I still had to go to the grocery store to pick up some items I'm supposed to bring on Christmas Day... garbanzo beans and sliced olive. We're making something. I don't know what it is. I was also going to pick up a movie from the Redbox since I had a free code from an online survey place. The didn't have the movie we wanted to I picked up "Year One" instead. When I got home I saw that Dodger had picked up a pizza and bread sticks on his way home. So we ate and watched the movie. The movie was mediocre. I don't recommend it.

I totaled up my calories. Ugh. Pizza night is never good. I'll spare you the details. I just have a lot of exercise to do from now till next Monday's weigh in. I'm going for a no gain on Monday. We'll see. If it's a gain, it will be understandable.

We then watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles. It's one of Dodger's favorite movies. I picked it up from the library yesterday.

It's after midnight now. I'm thinking it's not a good idea to do a walking video now but maybe I'll just throw the 1 or 2 mile walk in. I've got to burn off some of that pizza I ate earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.