Friday, December 11, 2009

I had a pretty good day

I think I had a pretty good day. I'm feeling so much better since getting back to my food tracking (staying just under my daily budget) and finally adding in exercise. I challenged myself to lose 4 lbs before Christmas and I meant it. I don't participate in the group goals any more because the only person that matters is me. I've broken my promises to myself too many times in the past. The only person I owe anything to right now is me.

I meant to go to the Y today. I was getting my MP3 player all ready to go. I needed to remove some songs and adjust the order of play. I almost had everything set on it but then accidentally deleted all of my songs on it. It really wasn't my fault, the computer screen showed a duplicate music file on my MP3 player. Both had the same music files in them, so I deleted one and both disappeared. I couldn't reload it because my music is on Dancer's computer.

Dodger slept well into the afternoon, so I just exercised at home even though he sleeps in the room that I exercise in. I did the WATP 3 mile tape w/ mostly modified arms and 1 lb weights. The back of my right leg right behind my knee is still tight and a little painful but the soreness in the rest of my lower body is much better today.

I took Dancer to tennis and started dinner after I got back home. It takes a while to brown 3 lbs of half thawed ground beef. Dodger finished up prepping our taco fixings as I went to pick Dancer up. She didn't want to go over to my mom's this evening. I don't blame her for pulling away. She's going shopping with them tomorrow. I hope it goes well, I'm a little worried for her.

Dodger picked up a small lighted tree yesterday. Dancer spent much of her day making paper garland. She also made a star that I attached to the top of the tree. I should take some pics and post them. She's also been cutting out ornaments from cereal boxes that we are going to paint.

I fluffed the tree this evening and put the garland on. It looks really cute. Now I just need to get the spot where it's going cleared out. Right now there's a bunch of old Spongebob collectibles that my Dancer wants to get rid of.

My mom's birthday is in a few days. She'll be 53. I have a book on one of her favorite architects, Frank Lloyd Wright, that I'm going to give her as a gift. I found it at the local thrift shop. It's a hardback and in like new condition.

I still have to make her Christmas gift. I have no idea what to get my step-dad, if anything. I also want to have some curtains done for my dad before Christmas, too. I can't wait for this holiday season to be over. We can't afford this gift nonsense. Making gifts can be just as stressful as shelling out money to buy gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.