Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We all had a good time

I just got home from MNO. We all had a good time. I love it when it's just getting together at one of the girl's house (it's usually Shannon's house). There was no going to dinner before hand, we just ordered pizza and some of them brought a few things.

We talked. We never got to the game play like we usually do but most of them were ready to take off by 9. I got to hear about a new love and soul mate of one of them. She met him online through one of those dating places. She had pictures. They look so much alike. She said they both feel like they've known each other for years. He was just here for a visit this weekend. She misses him and they wonder how they are going to work out the living situation.

Shannon has been on a doctor guided weight loss program for months now. She looks great. She got talking about how things are going to be once she can eat solid food again. I worry for her because she's still in the addictive mindset and is very much an eliminationist. She's bought into the gurus of elimination and food addiction. That's all still a part of the addiction. It's just on the other end of the spectrum. I know this all too well. I was a slave to it for way too many years. So much wasted time thinking about food in one way or another.

In that mindset she'll always be a slave to her addiction. She'll always be in fear of losing control and gaining the weight back.

I can't claim my own healing from that mindset. I just chose to believe the truth instead of the lies in my head. I chose to believe the truth that I was already whole instead of the lie that I was broken.

----- blogging interrupted by Dancer. She wanted me to come watch her play her Spongebob game. -----

I did weigh-in today. I was 1 lb up from last week. I'm not worried about it. I know why I'm up and I know what to do about it. I knew the holidays would be slow losing or even a flux in a lb. or two gain. It's 19 days till Christmas. I don't have any get-togethers planned between now and then. I'm going to challenge myself to lose 4 lbs before Christmas day. No more free days and exercise starts tomorrow.

I've been thinking that I need a haircut. I would like some long layers and would like my hair highlighted. I wish I had a friend who does hair. I'd barter with her for some sewing or something. I certainly don't have the money right now to go have it done.

You know, the give and take thing might be doable in our homeschooling community here. I wonder if that's something that I could get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.