Sunday, December 6, 2009

I have three days to catch up on, here it goes...

Whoa... I'm really behind. I have three days to catch up on, here it goes...

Fri. Dec. 4th...
Dodger should have gotten up and worked on my truck today but what do you know, he put it off. Gasp {with all of the sarcasm I can muster}. Nothing new under the sun here!

I spend most of my day with Dancer watching her play a video game. Not really my cup of tea but it's how she wanted me in her day so I took it.

I think I called my mom sometime today (maybe it was yesterday... my memory fails me) and told her of the extra ticket situation. My dad had purchased 2 tickets for Sat. night's performance. One for him and one for my uncle who's been living with him. My uncle has been in MO for the last month or so. He went down for a family funeral and stayed to do some work for some family members. As it ends up, he's not going to be back in time to come to the show. I've been trying to find someone to use the ticket... for free.... called my mom because I was having no luck. She had the idea that her friends that were coming could bring one of Dancer's friends that she knows through them. Great! Super! Dancer would love that.

In the afternoon she started getting ready for her performance. She had to be there at 5:30 for warm-up class. She loves to dance and was thankful she got to spend a little time with friends there. It's tough being an only child. We are always trying to reach out to spend time with friends but they all seem to be so super busy all of the time.

I dropped Dancer off and came back home. She's at the age now where she doesn't need me there. She took her cell phone and called me after her dance was over and I came and picked her up.

------------------------------------------------------

Sat. Dec. 5th...
Dancer had an art class from 9-2. It was an all day gift making class. I'm sure she'll have some cute things to give as gifts for Christmas. After I dropped her off, I came home and Dodger and I went to rent a roto-rooter. We've been having plumbing issues for months and months now and we needed to get the pipe cleaned out (before winter) to see if there was a blockage somewhere. It was just over $40 to rent it for 4 hours. Talk about pushing the time limit when we had to get Dancer picked up at 2.

So we got the rooter back and Dodger got under the house to the pipe intake valve thingy... we ran the thing from the opening in the crawl space till there was no more to run. Once we got it all in, we wound it back up. We did get a little bit of root on the blade head. This only took us about an hour.

Once we got it out we wondered if we should run it through the space between our back steps so that we wouldn't waste so much of the cable not being used between the crawl space entrance and the intake. The only thing was that the blade head had to come off for us to feed the cable through, then Dodger could crawl under the house and put it back on.

Here comes the issue.... the damn screw holding the head on (which is supposed to be removable since the rooter came with 2 other heads) wouldn't come off! Dodger got it about half way out and what would you know... it freakin' broke! Yes, it freakin' broke! UGH! We were like... WHAT!? LOL! I laughed hard. I had to. There was nothing else I could do. Getting pissed off wouldn't have helped anything.

Dodger spent the next hour and a half trying to drill it out and pry it out. He finally managed to get it out. He ended up having to run down to Walgreens to get some nuts and bolts since we had nuts but no bolts or the other way around. By the time he had it ready to use again we only had an hour to run it through the intake again. This gave us no room for error, which indeed happened again. So we were running it through... me outside again running the thing and him under the house feeding it. We got down to the end of the cable and it tangled up in the machine! By now, we were both beyond sick of the thing and the process. He got bitchy because he had to crawl back out and help me get it untangled. I got bitchy because he got bitchy. We spent the rest of the time bitching at each other.

We pulled out a few more small roots but nothing that seemed to really cause any issues. We ran the thing back to the rental place right before the 2 pm deadline. We were a few minutes late picking Dancer up. We all had to cram in Dodger's truck because there was just no time for him to go back home and me to go and pick her up without him.

Once we got home, Dodger was able to put the cap back on the intake. None of it made any difference in how our toilet flushed.

I spent a little more time watching Dancer play her video game before we both had to start getting ready for her show. I called my mom to see what was going on with her having one of Dancer's friend's come to the show. I ended up talking to my step-dad. He said my mom had told him that morning and that they had decided not to call anyone because they were going out with their friends before the show and they would probably be drinking a little. End of conversation. BUT as I started to think about it, I got pissed. I had told my mom of the ticket situation in enough time to discuss it with my step-dad and made a few calls if need be. I had told them in enough time for them to get back to me to let me know what was going on. THEY DIDN'T FREAKING CALL!

I called back and asked to talk to my mom. She wasn't there, so I let my step-dad have it. I told him that mom knew in enough time to figure out what to do and to let us know. It was only right for them to call and let us know if they couldn't find anyone so we could see if we could find someone else. That Dancer was upset that they didn't call anyone and didn't call us and that now there was no time to find someone else. He said we should have asked other people first. F*ck... we did! BUT I don't have my truck right now and figuring the riding situation would have been tricky. That doesn't change the fact that the courteous thing to do would have been to call me to let me know what was going on.

The whole night was about them and their friends. They were going out. They were going to be drinking. Blah, blah, blah.

I ended up texting everyone I could think of that might be at all interested in seeing Dancer dance. You know, friends and stuff. Her friends, my friends... friends of friends. I even put it out on our local homeschooling list. No one could come. Yep, too late to find someone!

So, anyway, Dancer and I got ready for the show. I ran her there for warm-up class and came back to get Dodger. I woke him up before we left, he was taking a nap, and told him to get up and get ready. When I got back, he wasn't up. By that time he only had an hour to get ready. That's usually not enough time for him. He can take forever to get ready.

So we got to the show and Dodger had decided that he was leaving at intermission (after Dancer danced). I had already called my dad and asked him if he was staying for the whole show. He wasn't, so I asked him if he could bring Dodger home. I had decided that I was going to sit with my dad for the first half of the show and with my mom and her family for the second half. So that's what I did, at the perceived annoyance of my mom. I don't really care.

After the show mom's family usually always goes out for dinner/desert but nope. The old people weren't used to staying out so late and their friends made some excuse not to. It ended up being just Dancer and I and mom and step-dad. We went to Steak n Shake. Dancer starts talking about homeschooling and school and blah blah blah. Hasn't she learned by now that those are things that you don't talk about around my mom? I sort of stared her down and was like 'stop talking about that' under my breath. I had to have a talk with her after dinner about not talking about any of that stuff with my mom. There were just some parts of her life that weren't safe to talk about.

-------------------------------------------------

Sun. Dec. 6th...
So today we got up just in time to have about an hour and 15 min to get ready before Dancer had to be at warm up class for her last performance. Sunday performance is always in the afternoon. I got ready, she got ready, she got to class on time. I was going to stay to help her in the green room if needed and to be there so we could go out with my dad for dinner after the show. My dad always comes to two shows, he probably would have come to all 3 but he works evenings now and had to work on Friday.

There was a point when she was sitting in the green room and had Pandora running through her iTouch (being able to have the iTouch was probably the ONLY reason why she wanted me there at all) and I waved her over. I had remembered that I forgot to put a little cover-up on her blemishes. I wanted to put a little bit on the one on her nose so when my dad got pictures it wouldn't show up so bad. When I waved her over, she acted like she didn't know me! WTF! I had to ask her 2 or 3 times before she got up and came over. To not embarrass her, I had her go into the bathroom to touch her up. As soon as I was done, she just turned around and walked out. Not a word, she just walked out. So, I followed her and pulled her aside to ask her why she was acting like this, acting like she didn't know me. I called her on the fact that none of her friends were treating their mom's like that in there. I told her if she didn't stop that I would leave. She shook her head no like she didn't want me to leave but within minutes she was bitching about a few Pandora stations that I had put on there. So, I told her that I wasn't going to deal with her attitude and I got up and left. I told her to call me when she was done and I'd meet her and my dad at the restaurant. On my way out the door, I called my dad to tell him that Dancer was acting like she didn't know me and that I was leaving. That she was going to call me and I'd meet them out there so that he didn't have to bring her all the way back home.

When I got home, I just chilled and watched a little football with Dodger while I waited for the call. My dad ended up calling and I met them at the restaurant for dinner. I talked to Dancer about her attitude earlier. I asked her if she thought it was right to act like she didn't know me... No. I asked if she was embarrassed by me... No. I asked her if she thought it hurt me... Yes.

It was a good dinner and dad had brought his hydraulic jack with him so I could take it home for Dodger to use to jack up my truck. Seems that Dodger was having a hard time jacking it up with the crank jacks that we have.

Most of my evening has been spent just chilling. I'm a little peeved about some of my friendships. Maybe not peeved but saddened. I've had too many friends in the past where I've been the one to always have to put forth the effort to stay connected. I've been deeply hurt by the dearest friend I've ever had. She just stopped returning my calls one day. No explanation.

I had sent a text to a friend last night about my mom and she didn't return my text. It went a full day and nothing. I finally texted her at dinner to ask if she had gotten my texts. I thought maybe they had gotten lost or something had happened. But no, she said she had gotten them really late (wasn't late when I sent them) and was really tired. SO? Does that mean that you go most of the next day not replying? This is someone I consider a dear friend. I only have a few dear friends. Dear friends are ones I consider to be family.

The thing is, I've noticed that none of my friends really consider me family. There's never any invites to their activities... to watch the kids play a sport or dance in a recital. I've asked when games are and when recitals are but I never get any information back. There's also becoming the same trend as before where I'm the one shelling out the effort to stay connected. Do you know how disheartening this is? These are people that I consider to be family. Sigh. I'm on the verge of tears writing this, so I shall stop now.

I'm so glad this weekend is over. That the performance is over for another year. I told Dancer that next year she could be in more dances. I had talked to my dad about the cost and he said that he would be happy to help out. She was happy about the prospect of being in more dances. I'd like to see her in more, too. We just couldn't afford it this year and last. It cost me $60 for her to be in 1 dance. That's just insane. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.