Thursday, December 17, 2009

I did ask her straight up if I had done something

Today I meant to get up earlier so I could exercise before going over to hang out with Shanna M. and her kids but I ended up sleeping till 12. I did set my alarm but I didn't want to get up.

After I got up, I woke Dancer up so she could get cleaned up to go. I checked my email and then got in the shower after she was out. Just as I was getting out of the shower I got a text from my friend saying her oldest son was sick. After finding out that both her DH and DD had the same thing last week (so it was spreadable) I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea for us to come over. No need to risk getting sick right before Christmas. Both her kids and mine were disappointed, which is completely understandable.

I ended up going to the Y in the afternoon to walk. I walked for an hour and five minutes plus stretching. I had the track to myself for the majority of the time. It was cold and I didn't really want to go out but Dodger was up by the time I was ready to exercise and he wanted to use the TV so out in the cold I went. I'd really like to hit 30 lbs lost before Christmas but I'm certainly going to meet my goal of 4 lbs that I set for myself last week after my 1 lb gain.

I finally managed to get a hold of the friend I've been worried about. I did ask her straight up if I had done something or if something in our friendship had changed that I wasn't aware of. She assured me that she was just super busy.

I also got back in contact with a friend from the job I quit a few months back. The friend (and my supervisor) who got herself fired and I got stuck doing her job with less people, no extra pay, and tons more stress. I did let her know that I had missed her but I needed to get past what had happened.

Since getting home from taking Dancer to dance, I've been snuggled up in bed catching up on tonight's shows: SYTYCD finale (Russell won! WooHoo!), Criminal Minds (one of my top shows), and CSI NY. TV is how I relax. I try not to judge it. I prefer it over reading. I don't really enjoy fiction all that much and non-fiction can sometimes seem like work so I have to be in the mood.

Tomorrow I really need to haul ass on cleaning up the house. Dancer also wants to go to Hobby Lobby (I used to work there many moons ago. I really miss it.) to get some items to decoupage for gifts. We also need to go pick up some art projects she did at a class a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.