Thursday, December 3, 2009

I've really lost my momentum

I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I've really lost my momentum. I looked at the piles of stuff but never touched them. I will have to conquer the pile at the end of my bed today because I need to get into my closet today. Dancer has dress rehearsal tonight and there's stuff in the closet that I need. I also have to find our good pair of pink tights. I'm hoping they're in my drawer where they should be. I don't have the time, money, or vehicle to go get new ones today.

Yeah, I said vehicle. Last night as I was heading out to take Dancer to tennis (went last night since she didn't have rehearsal and she won't be able to go Fri. because of performance) I backed out of our drive and when I put it in drive the truck just lurched forward (as if the parking break was engaged) and it wouldn't go. I did finally manage to get it back up the driveway. I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to do that.

Dodger ended up driving her to lessons because I couldn't get his seat to move up far enough for me to drive his truck. No big deal in an automatic but his is a manual transmission.

We are fairly certain that the issue is with my transmission. We don't know to what extent at this point. We still need to go out, warm it up and check the fluid in the daylight. I'm hoping that it's an easy fix and not too expensive. We just don't have the money for this shit. I'm still paying on the truck as it is. I'm trying not to be pissed but it seems that every time that we are back on our feet and finally moving in the right direction that something happens to throw a wrench in it and knock us back down again.

My eating sucked yesterday. I still eat when I'm stressed out. And yesterday I made the choice to give into the eating as a way to cope with the stress of my truck acting up. Good thing it was only after 5pm and not all day.

Right now it's about 1:30 pm and I need to attack this pile and find those pink tights. I also need to go ask Dodger again to get up and go look at my truck. There are things to be done. I had 2 days off, now it's time to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.