Saturday, January 2, 2010

More catch-up...

More catch-up...

Sat. we went to my mom's for gifts with her and step-dad. We met them for dinner at the little diner down at the end of their road. The food was delish. After dinner we went to her place to open gifts. We ended up doing our gift opening downstairs because the living room is being used as a sewing room right now.

My mom was in a great mood the whole night. Dodger and I both noticed it. She was pleasant and conversational and didn't snip once about anything to anyone.

After gifts, Dodger took off to play poker with some friends. Dancer and I stuck around for a bit. They played on the new Wii Fit for awhile and then I took her out to my dad's to spend the night.

------------------------

Sun. we went over to my dad's for dinner and gifts. My sister had sent up gifts for us that we opened there. She got me a ruana wrap that I already had and a stainless steel water bottle that I love.

For some reason she got Dancer a Tampa Bay Bucks t-shirt and ball-cap. As if Dancer would ever put that crap on. I'm going to resell it on eBay and recoup something out of my sisters mis-spent money.

------------------

Mon. through Thurs. Dancer spent over at my dad's with her cousin and my uncle. They went ice skating and sledding while she was there. By the time I went out there Thurs. night for New Years Eve she was sick of my uncle. They were seriously on each others nerves. She came home with me on New Years Eve because she didn't want to spend any more time around my uncle.

We did go back out there on New Years Day, Fri. night, to have dinner and spend one more evening with the cousin before she heads back home on the plane tomorrow (well later today, as it's 1:14 am now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.