Wednesday, December 23, 2009

drunk as a skunk

Too many days to catch up on. Hell, it's been so long since Sat. that I can't even remember what I did on Sat. I know there was nowhere we had to be. I know I exercised. I know I meant to get the house cleaned up before our cousin got here but didn't. That's really all I can remember.

------------------------------

Sun. Dancer and I hung out at home till it was time to head out to my dad's for dinner and to wait for my uncle and cousin to get here. Dad made roast in the crock-pot. It was so good. The best roast I've ever eaten, by far.

It was nearly 11 pm by the time my uncle and cousin got there. It really shouldn't have taken that long but the roads were a little bad and their ride wasn't used to driving in those conditions.

We had to head home just a bit after they got there because I had a $5 coupon to Walgreens that expired at midnight.

----------------

Mon. the plan was for Dancer to spend the night out at my dad's with her cousin. After waiting around for my uncle all day to try and go pick up his car and visit my grandpa, we finally met up with them back at my uncle Mike's place. The plan was for him to have his car and he would take the girls back out to my dad's but when I got there I found out that his ride didn't want to take him out to pick up his car. He ended up taking her car out to my grandpa's to visit.

He was also supposed to go Christmas shopping so I was going to take the girls out and wait for him to get home. As it turns out he had decided not to go shopping and was just going to hang out till my dad got off work and could pick him up. He had decided that it was ok to leave the girls out there alone for a period of time. I offered to make room for him in my truck but he made some excuse to stay there. It seemed to me that he didn't want to go out there with us.

On the way out to my dad's I decided that it was not a wise idea to leave the girls out there by themselves. I called Dodger to talk to him about it. He agreed that we were not comfortable doing that being that it would be till after midnight before my dad got off work. So I stayed, made dinner for the girls and cleaned up my dad's kitchen, cabinets, freezer, fridge and all.

They played on the Wii and PS2 that Dancer had brought out with her. At one point they decided to get in on the cleaning and started to sweep the living room floor. They ended up finding 3 tall beer cans under my dad's couch. I instinctively knew they were from my uncle but didn't want to jump to conclusions. All I said is, 'I hope your dad's not drinking again.' to my cousin. I did call my dad to let him know what we found. He said he had found one behind a boat decoration next to the couch.

About the time that I was expecting my evening to wrap up and I could head back home, my dad called. He told me to grab the girls and head home with them because my uncle was drunk as a skunk. Sigh. I told him that I needed him to hold up before heading home because the girls had to get everything packed back up and loaded into the truck.

It was after 1 am before we got home. I was exhausted from cleaning and then being hit with the drunk as a skunk bomb. The girls were exhausted from playing all night. They pretty quickly went to bed and I stayed up and finally cleaned house. Dodger had wiped down the bathroom before we got home. That was great of him because that's what I was dreading most.

I'll have to catch up on Tues. when I get up later today. It's after 2 and I'm tired from only getting 6 hours of sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.