Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When Friends Ghost You... It Hurts Like Hell

Today Dodger woke me up around 11 or so asking for the keys to my truck. He was taking it over to a friend of the BIL that had a garage so they could finish up the work on my breaks. Dodger was gone till about 2. When he got home he said the back break pads only ended up being about $12 because of the $20 Auto Zone Rewards money we earned yesterday buying the stuff for the front breaks.

I'm so glad to have my truck back. I was getting used to Dodger's truck. It might take me a day or two to get used to my radio again and to stop reaching for the stick shift.

I ran to the health food store around 4 to pick up some Colloidal Silver and Cranberry Juice Concentrate for my UTI. I also picked up a Diva Cup when I was there. No need to buy the disposable cups any more.

I noticed something when I was driving today or rather when I was getting in and out of my truck. I don't have to adjust the seat back to get in or out anymore and there's more space between me and the steering wheel now. That is just so cool. It's one of those things that is all of a sudden noticed when weight is lost. I'm looking forward to the bath towel wrapping all the way around me again.

I did exercise while Dodger was gone. I did the 3 mile WATP with regular arms and no weights then I popped in the 1 mile WATP (Dodger got home right as I was beginning this one) and did it sans weights. When I started I felt a little weak but by the time I was done I was rockin it and felt great.

I got a little bummed earlier thinking about lost friendships. I still miss my BFF (Shawn W.) from school. We became instant friends in the 8th grade and were friends into adulthood. She knew every secret and all of my quirks. Next to my sister she was my closest girl friend. One day, out of the blue, she just stopped returning my calls. The last time I talked to her was just after 9/11 and she was telling me her girls were afraid that planes were going to fall out of the sky and land on their home. After that, nothing. I have no idea what happened or why. I'm sure I left a few messages asking but finally gave up. I was sneaking a peak at some of her picks on Facebook today and it got me upset that we've missed so much of each other's lives.

Then there's this current friend who I haven't really heard much from in over a month. I have contacted her via email and text but I don't hear anything back from her. What the hell is with that? I sent her one last email today. If she doesn't respond then I'm done.

It does hurt. It really really does. I've never done that to anyone. Sure there have been friends that I've grown apart from over the years or who I saw less and less as our circumstances changed but I've never just stopped responding to a current friend. It does make me wonder if there's something wrong with me. How do you not take something like that personally?

Right now I'm sitting at the dance studio waiting on Dancer. After we get home the SYTYCD finale is on and then an hour after that The Good Wife is on. I'm going to get snuggled up under my heated blanket. It was much colder here today then it was yesterday.

We are invited over to a friend's house tomorrow afternoon for some hang-out time. Dancer doesn't know this yet. I wanted to be sure it was a go before I told her. No need to needlessly disappoint her.

I still need to call my dad and let him know my truck is completely done. He was going to drop by this afternoon before work but since my truck wasn't even home I told him not to come.

I also need to haul ass on my house. My little (1st) cousin is coming up this weekend and will be here for a few weeks with her dad. Her dad is my dad's twin brother. She lives with her mom in another and my uncle is staying with my dad right now. It's weird because she's a few years younger than Dancer. I don't know what my uncle's work schedule is going to be like once he gets home (he's been away doing some work for extended family) and she may need to hang out with us for some time while she's here. She's a lot more needy than Dancer. Hell Dancer isn't needy at all. But I do try to keep in mind why she's like that and that she's still a little girl who just needs loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.