Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Blogging now since I'm not sure I'll have time later.

I slept till nearly noon today. I had a few days of less than ideal sleep to get caught up on. I got up and did half of the dishes in the sink and I did a lower body toning routine that's free on exercisetv.tv after Dodger left to go find a few more low-cost gifts and stocking stuffers for Dancer. My upper body is sore from yesterday and I'm feeling weak from the lower body workout already. I still feel tired but I'm hoping that eating will help me recharge.

I did end up doing a walking workout last night before bed. I threw in the 3-mile WATP workout and went to town without weights and mostly modified arms since I had already done the upper body workout earlier in the day.

Dancer should be out shopping with my dad, uncle and cousin right now. Dad is taking her shopping for her to get a few gifts for us. We don't need her to get us stuff but Dancer loves giving gifts. There are definitely less gifts under the tree this year and all the way around but this season isn't about the gifts anyway. It's about the renewing of the spirit and the rebirth of the Sun/Son. ;)

This evening we are headed to my step-dad's family thing. It's not our favorite place to go. His family are just big bumps on a log and the little grand-kid is a spoiled rotten thing of a kid. He's really manipulative. It's his mom's fault because she still treats him as if he's a baby. He's half-way through Kindergarten and his mom still feeds him. I just try to ignore him when he's acting that way. I see right through him and so does my side of the family... Dodger, Dancer, mom and step-dad. We don't play into his game. I go because I do it for my step-dad. He and I get along better than my mom and I do.

I still need to do a walking workout or two and I need to eat. I'll need to wrap up a few gifts when Dodger gets home and then we'll both be needing to get ready to head out for the evening. Maybe I'll have a chance to blog again later to post what tomorrow is going to bring. Maybe I'll have a chance tomorrow, who knows. I don't know if my grandparents have WiFi or not. I can always blog throughout the day and then send it after I get home.

Happy Holidays to everyone who reads here. I hope yours brings you blessings and that you continue to look forward and learn from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.