Wednesday, April 3, 2013

More Than a Mom

The blogging world is flooded with "mommy bloggers"... those bloggers who's platform is about being a mom, raising kids, saving money, and all that jazz.  So many of them are carbon copies of each other that I wonder why they are blogging in the first place.  That's really none of my business but it does make me want to be sure that my blog doesn't turn into one of them.

When I read many of them, I wonder, "Who are these women outside of being a mom?  Is their life so consumed with motherhood that now that's how they define themselves?  I know I'm more than just a mom, do they?"

What I mean is that I don't define myself through this season of my life.  A mom is not all that I am, that I do, and it's not all that I ever wanted to be.

I think I'm a good mom and do this job pretty well but there is more to me than just that.  I've got a great daughter that makes this job as mom pretty easy going.  I really have no complaints at all.  I love my daughter very much but she's her own person, just like I am.  She is no more defined by me than I am by her.

So what am I...

I am alive.
I am love.
I am in-love.
I am human and spirit combined.
I am doing the best that I can in each moment.
I am blessed.
I am one that never gives up.

I am always growing, changing, and challenging myself.  I am defined in ways that can't be expressed in words.  Hopefully my actions will do me justice and my triumphs outshine my defeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.