Saturday, April 6, 2013

Knee Deep In It


I'm knee deep in taxes and sinking fast.  This year, more than ever, I'm overwhelmed by doing our taxes.   I still do it old-school, by hand, on printed out forms with a pen and pencil.  This is the only way I can make sense of it all and still keep the costs down.  With a new-to-us truck and computer last year, I'm learning the ins and outs of depreciation, and it's not pretty.  There is so much jargon on these forms and instructions that it takes some time for me to wrap my brain about what they mean.  Do they realize that regular people are filling these things out?   Some of us still do, anyway.

It's maddening trying to figure out which business deductions we can take. You can take this, only if you didn't do that... blah, blah, blah.   I really should take a class on this so that I can start to maximize the business options we have or at least understand it all better.   I also realize that we should have taken more care with the business trip to Florida last year.   A lot of what we spent down there could have been used on our taxes. It was, indeed, a working vacation.  We were there to get a house painted.  I'll know better for the future.

My dad says that I can come out to his place to check my figures.  He purchases the TurboTax for Businesses each year.  I should do that next Saturday when we plan to be there for a visit and dinner.

taxes=meh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.