Thursday, April 18, 2013

Daily Photo: Not a Book Worm

When I was a teen, this bookshelf was bright yellow
and right below it was one of my wooden cassette tape holders.

As I was updating my about me page, a little over a week ago, I mentioned the stereotype that all introverts love to read.  I'm a pretty big introvert but I really don't even like to read. Love and reading haven't ever gone together in a sentence , for me, as complements to one another.  I have five bookshelves full of books, most of which I will NEVER read.  This seems rather ridiculous to me.  I'm taking up space that I could be using to store things that I do love to do, like fabric for sewing.

So I spent part of my evening yesterday listing books on PaperBackSwap.  When I came across a book that I actually do want to read and will make a point to read this year, I added it to my holds list on PaperBackSwap, so as soon as I'm finished with it, I can easily list it as available.  I also like that putting an item on the hold list shows me when someone has that book on their wish list.  This way if I need a credit for a book that I want to get, I know that I can list that book as available and probably get rid of it pretty quickly.

When I woke up today, I already had three requests for books I had just listed.  All of them are ready to take to the post office this evening.  I still have lots more to list.  It's a job I'll take care of by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.