Thursday, April 11, 2013

Blister In the Rain

Newly painted toenails all ready for sandals season.

After lovely weather all week, yesterday it started to rain and the rain brought the cold temperatures with it.  I went from dripping sweat while working out and doing housework to cold toesies and spaces heaters in the span of a mere 24 hours.  It kind-of sucks.

Yesterday, I traipsed out in the rain to run to Walmart for printer ink, so that I could finish up my taxes.  When I got there, I opted to buy a new printer instead.  On one hand, I could have bought a new black cartridge for my old printer for $27 dollars or I could buy a new printer for $34.  The replacement cartridges for the new printer are only $15.  So it seemed like a no-brainer.

Then I stopped at Hobby Lobby for a red t-shirt for Dancer for her dance company tap dance.

Then I came home because the wet shoes I ended up with during the run from the car into Walmart caused me to get a blister on my left pinky toe.  I had other errands to run but they'd have to wait.

Lunch and a workout later, I started to figure out how to move the old printer to a different spot (keeping it because it has a scanner on it) and the hook up the new one.  Much to my surprise and dismay, I find out that the new printer doesn't come with the USB cable to hook it up to my computer.  Wha?  So.... I called the hubs to ask him if he would stop at Walmart on the way home to pick one up.  He forgot.  Oops.

So at around 9:30 pm, I decided that I was bored out of my mind, not being on Facebook and all, so I was going to run back out to Walmart (since it's open 24 hours) and get the cable and pick up a few other things... like soup for Dancer because she's been asking for some different types.  A few hours and too much more $ later and I get checked out.  I start to head towards the doors that I was parked by.  Sorry... those doors close at 10 pm every night.  Hmmm... I almost never shop at Walmart, so I didn't know.  So I had to walk all the way back down to the other doors, outside in the pouring rain, and then all the way back to my car. Flip-flops aren't much better in the rain than the shoes I was wearing earlier that gave me a little blister.

When I got home I painted my toesies with the new nail polish I bought during the second trip.  :)

Today I got the new printer all set-up and ready to go.  I've been working on finishing up my taxes most of the day.  They're ALMOST finished!  All I have to do is get my handwritten information from the forms typed into the PDF forms, print them off, and then prepare them for mailing.  We're getting money back from federal and paying state.  It pretty much evens out.  I miss our huge tax returns we got when we were dirt poor.  I was hoping to get the credit card paid down a bit.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.

UPDATE:  They're finished until you see that you've made a few errors and you have to edit nearly every form you've already filled out!  Ugh!

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:  THEY'RE FINALLY FINISHED!  All that's needed is Dodger's signature!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.