Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Welcome to the Jungle

Limbs from last fall that still need cut up and put in the yard waste bins.
Also, "someone" needs to mow.  ;)

I got another late start to my day today.  I didn't get up until almost noon.  Good grief!  Again, I stayed up too late.  I do suppose that the headache I've had since last night, due to the pressure from the impending rain expected to hit us tomorrow, didn't help matters much.  There was also Rick waking me up early this morning and trying to chat my ear off about something he saw on Yahoo News this morning about people having near death experiences and claiming to have been to heaven during those experiences then coming back and changing their lives.  He was all like, "do people ever have near death experiences of hell?"  Good grief.  Not what I want to be talking about when barely awake and have a headache, to boot.

I got my workout and review done right after getting up.  There was no time to be wasting.  Then I ate breakfast, which was really lunch if we go by time of day.  I had scrambled eggs with some of my leftover spicy fajita innards mixed in plus some mild salsa and cheese to make it less spicy.

Most everyone reading here by now knows I have plantar fasciitis in my feet, with my right foot being the worse.  Yesterday during one of my workout videos, I had to stand in one place too much to do the upper body segment.  Anyone with any knowledge of it knows that standing in one place is what hurts plantar fasciitis the worst (other than anything high impact which no one with plantar fasciitis is trying to do).  I had to stop in the middle of the video and figure out what to do because the arch in my left foot was killing me, even in my super awesome, soft and squishy, Nike tennis shoes.  I remembered that I bought some Dr. Scholl's super-duper inserts for Dancer last year when she was dealing with plantar fasciitis due to dance.  She never used them because she didn't like how they felt in her shoes.  Well, I put them in and other than my feet sitting higher in my shoes they are fabulous!  The difference is like night and day!  I should have tried them sooner.  Call me a slow learner... or super stubborn... whichever you wish.  ;)


Dodger mowed the front yard yesterday after he got home.  It did, indeed, look as bad as the back yard.  Yes, we are "those" neighbors.  You know, the ones with the messy yard and a little too much junk everywhere.  But at least I can say we aren't "those kind-of" neighbors.  You know, the one's who have the police as fairly regular visitors.  The ones who let their little kids hang out in the middle of the street.  The ones who you hear yelling and screaming at each other.  The ones who you lock your doors at night because of.  Yeah, we aren't "those kind-of" neighbors and we do have those here on this block and in this neighborhood.

The neighbor to the right of us, looking at our house from the street, died a few month ago.  Her husband died years ago.  So now that house is empty and their daughter has been working hard to get it sellable.  Dodger and I both hope and pray that we don't get "those kind-of" neighbors moving in next door.  We both want so badly to move.  I want so badly to move to the country again.  Actually, it's my dream to move back to the spot where I grew up and build a house there.  I'd be happy with moving a trailer back on to the place but Dodger doesn't want to live in a trailer.  I don't know why.  It was pretty roomy, much more roomy than the house we live in now, and it was comfortable.  So now you know why my blog is named what it is.  I want so badly to be in the country again, where neighbors are sparse and nature is close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.