Monday, April 29, 2013

Spicy Weekend

Me, without glasses and slightly flakey skin from the tretinoin cream.
Instagram #dailyselfportrait April 25, 2013.

It is a lovely 74 degrees out right now at 4 pm.  This day has gone by far too quickly because I got up far too late.  I like to be up by 9:30 everyday but today I had a tummy ache and I didn't feel like getting out of bed before 11.  The reason for the tummy ache will be explained below.  I got my workout done earlier, after getting up, and did my workout review.  Now, while laundry is going, I'm making time to blog.


Just a few pictures from outside my back door this afternoon.

Thursday was the last day I updated, so let's catch up on the days since.

Friday evening, Dancer had a dance company performance at Imboden Creek Living Center.  I have those videos uploaded to my YouTube, so I'll embed them below.  Dad came to watch.  He comes almost every time.  Afterwards, she went to my mom & step-dad's and Dodger & I had a late starting date night.





Saturday was a pretty lazy day.  It was rainy and chilly, so I decided to start working on my workout schedule for May.  I made up some printable scheduling forms and uploaded them to my workout site.  Dodger called in the afternoon and asked if I would come help him clean up at the job he was working on so that he could continue painting.  So I went out there for a bit to help him.  Then that evening, I began searching YouTube for videos to fill up my workout form.  I got the first week schedule done that night.

Yesterday afternoon, Dancer had another dance company performance, this time at McKinley Court Care Center.  Dad came again because he couldn't be out in the fields.  It was too wet from the rain on Saturday.  I don't have any pictures or video from this day.  I just wasn't the place for it.

Afterwards, we went out to eat at the Mexican restaurant down the road.  My belly started hurting right before we ordered.  Then I got brave (and stupid) and ordered the Spicy Fajitas.  Oh my.  It was spicier than I was expecting.  My brain and taste buds were having a war while my mouth and lips were on fire... and my nose running... my taste buds were saying, "this tastes good," while my brain was saying, "ouch, ouch, ouch, this is hot!"  I had my dad laughing pretty good.  It was so spicy that I had to order a glass of milk before I even finished my first fajita.  Yes, I'm quite aware of just how funny this is.  :P

Last night, I spent more time looking for workout videos on YouTube.  My biggest challenge is to find low-impact workouts because of my plantar fasciitis feet issues.  I filled in a few more blank spaces in my schedule and got my playlists organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.