Monday, April 15, 2013

Just a Little Rain Dance

Rain on the back steps.
This picture is going to be fun to play with on Ribbet.
I'm so grateful to have another bit o' rain this morning.  Our city lake is still hurting from the drought we've had here the past two summers.  It would be so great to have a summer where plant life continues to thrive, instead of wilt and die because of the water restrictions brought on by the heat and lack of rain.

The rain has stopped and the sun is peaking through.  It's just warm enough to open up the windows again this afternoon and get some fresh air in the house.

I had a busy, busy weekend.

Friday was date night with Dodger.  Yay.  I love date night.  Sometimes we go out to eat but we usually just stay in and fire up the grill.  I tried vodka with Diet Squirt, because Dodger said his grandma always kept Squirt around to drink her vodka with.  Ew.  It was disgusting.  I won't ever drink that mixture again.  I'll stick with Screwdrivers, vodka with orange juice.  I've heard of vodka with cranberry juice, too.  Maybe I'll try it sometime, too.  I'm usually a rum drinker but my friend JoAnn mentioned having a Screwdriver a while back and Dodger found me some good and very distilled vodka, so I've been sticking with it for the past few weekends.

Saturday, Dancer had her second dance company performance of the spring season. This time they performed for the residents at the Rehabilitation Health Care Center.  Here are two videos from Saturday.  Please excuse the lighting issues, my camera didn't like that huge window in the background.  Dancer choreographed her lyrical solo herself.  She's really pleased with how it turned out.  Choreography is a skill to be mastered and each time she's allowed to do it, she gets better.


After the performance, the two of us went out to my dad's for dinner, games, and to visit.  My uncle Steve was up for the weekend, so that made it more fun, too.  It's always good to see him looking so good.  :)

Sunday, Dancer and I went to watch Gavin, my best friend Sarah's oldest, in his school play.  They did a very fractured interpretation of a few of the most famous of Grimm's Fairy Tales.  It was a hoot.  After it was over, we waited until they all cleaned up the set and gym and then we went out to eat with the cast and crew at Monical's Pizza.  I had a big salad 'cause I didn't want to pay the price for a gluten-free pizza.  It was over $10 just for a 10 inch cheese pizza.

I ended up making pizza stuffed peppers later for dinner anyway.  Then Dodger made one of his homemade, crust-to-die-for, pizza's and I had some of that, too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.