Monday, April 8, 2013

Catharsis Is As Catharsis Does

First Dance Company performance of the spring season on Saturday at Eagle Ridge.

So along with finally getting into my taxes on Saturday, Dancer also had her first dance company performance of the spring season.  Everyone did a great job and I'll be sure to catch some of it on video this season to upload here.

Yesterday, Dodger got some wild hair and decided to clean up a lot of his painting supplies that have been hanging around in the house for at least a year now... I'm being gracious with that timeline.  ;)  All of the paint cans that were under the kitchen bistro table are now gone.  Yay.

Most of my weekend, I spent in my bedroom on my laptop.  I figured out that all of my old blog archives were downloaded to that hard drive.  So I spent quite a bit of my time over the weekend going through old posts and reposting them here, with a few edits here and there for content, links, and privacy.  I have a few more years and a few more old blog archives to go, still, and I'll be working on those soon.

I really can't explain how cathartic it's been to go through all of my old posts, read each one, and transfer them over to this blog.  I woke up today with almost a weightless feeling.  I realized that I am not ashamed of my past struggles and I am amazed at how much I've grown healed since the start of my blogging years.

p.s. - I realized that "wild hair" is slang and it's possible that not everyone has heard or used that term, so I linked up a definition to it.  As I looked for a good link, I also found this one that had me totally cracking up.  "So is it a wild 'hare' or a wild 'hair'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.